Updated from 8:08 a.m. EST
The S&P 500 is a stock tracking index that tracks the prices of 500 stocks with the largest market capitalizations trading on either the New York Stock Exchange or the Nasdaq. During the last couple of months, the index has bounced off the 800 level, and at a recent level of 845, there may be some short-squeeze opportunities with some of the stocks that make up the Index.
A short squeeze takes place when short-sellers quickly buy in the stock in order to cover their bearish positions, driving the price of the stock up sharply. The ratio for measuring short-squeeze opportunities is the short ratio, which is the number of days it would take the short-sellers to cover their position based on recent average daily volume.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV