"I think we've presumed all of a sudden that Obama's the best friend of State Street (STT) and Fifth Third (FITB)," said Jim Cramer on Wednesday's Street Signs TV show on CNBC. "Where has that idea ever come from politically?"
He said that Morgan Stanley (MS) is "the premier brokerage in the world." Shares of Morgan and Goldman Sachs (GS) are the two largest positions in his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust. "We cannot view them in the same light as the rest of the banks," he said. "Morgan Stanley could double from here."
Wells Fargo (WFC), which had a "monster good quarter," is his largest bank position in Action Alerts PLUS.
As for tech, Cramer highlighted Research In Motion (RIMM) and Apple (AAPL), whose iPhone he called "gigantic." "We're not supposed to getting this sort of rally in tech," he said. "This tech rally has the capability of leading us somewhere. I like the action in Apple and RIM. I think it's real."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV