"I think we've presumed all of a sudden that Obama's the best friend of State Street (STT) and Fifth Third (FITB)," said Jim Cramer on Wednesday's Street Signs TV show on CNBC. "Where has that idea ever come from politically?"
He said that Morgan Stanley (MS) is "the premier brokerage in the world." Shares of Morgan and Goldman Sachs (GS) are the two largest positions in his Action Alerts PLUS charitable trust. "We cannot view them in the same light as the rest of the banks," he said. "Morgan Stanley could double from here."
Wells Fargo (WFC), which had a "monster good quarter," is his largest bank position in Action Alerts PLUS.
As for tech, Cramer highlighted Research In Motion (RIMM) and Apple (AAPL), whose iPhone he called "gigantic." "We're not supposed to getting this sort of rally in tech," he said. "This tech rally has the capability of leading us somewhere. I like the action in Apple and RIM. I think it's real."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV