Stock Market Game Week in Review
So what does all this have to do with SMG? Lots.
Many market experts we've been listening to feel that the stock market is going to be flat or even fall further in the first two quarters of this year, because of the shaky banking situation. Consequently, many of them are recommending high quality corporate bonds, many of which are paying 8-9% interest. These bonds may also see some price appreciation if markets stabilize.
Those of you in local programs that have access to SMG's bond trading function may want to recommend a position in bonds for your students if you think the experts make sense. To introduce bonds, you can access SMG's "What is a Bond?" lesson plan in the Teacher Support Center.
If you don't have access to bonds, research is going to be the key this semester. Get your students started with the SMG lesson "What Causes Stock Prices to Change?," which is also available in the Teacher Support Center.To learn more about The Stock Market Game, visit www.stockmarketgame.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV