Stock Market Game Week in Review
So what does all this have to do with SMG? Lots.
Many market experts we've been listening to feel that the stock market is going to be flat or even fall further in the first two quarters of this year, because of the shaky banking situation. Consequently, many of them are recommending high quality corporate bonds, many of which are paying 8-9% interest. These bonds may also see some price appreciation if markets stabilize.
Those of you in local programs that have access to SMG's bond trading function may want to recommend a position in bonds for your students if you think the experts make sense. To introduce bonds, you can access SMG's "What is a Bond?" lesson plan in the Teacher Support Center.
If you don't have access to bonds, research is going to be the key this semester. Get your students started with the SMG lesson "What Causes Stock Prices to Change?," which is also available in the Teacher Support Center.To learn more about The Stock Market Game, visit www.stockmarketgame.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV