There is likely to be significant wrangling in Congress over the stimulus package and teachers enrolled in a year-long SMG may find this a perfect opportunity to use SMG's "Buy, Sell, or Hold" lesson. Among other considerations, the lesson discusses how current events can affect markets, sectors and stocks. Whatever shape the President-elect's stimulus finally takes, it will be certain to affect positively or negatively certain sectors and companies. (Don't miss "Coming Week: New President, Old Concerns")
For teachers that are just beginning this semester, we also have a lesson entitled, "Getting Started in the Stock Market Game." The lesson is designed to help teachers and students understand how trades are made, how investment strategies are developed and how stock purchase prices are determined in the Stock Market Game. Both lessons are available in the Teacher Support Center by logging in with your teacher ID and password.
In closing, the Week in Review gives a quick shout-out to the undeniable hero of the week, US Airways (LCC) Captain Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger. We think we speak for all his passengers, New Yorkers and New Jerseyans when we say: Way to go! And thank you.
To learn more about The Stock Market Game, visit www.stockmarketgame.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV