You do have the option to plug directly into the device, via an Ethernet cable, but why bother when the Squeezebox is set up to detect your wireless network?
After dialing in a few numbers to connect to the network, you are up and running; it's as easy as that.
Then, you can access tons of Internet radio stations from all over the planet. You can also plug your iPod in and play whatever is loaded or play whatever is on your desktop via the network. Formats are not a problem here, so in case you have audio files that include MP3's and WMA's, they will all be recognized.
There is the option to sign up for some of the online music services including Pandora, Rhapsody, Sirius, Last.fm, Slacker, MP3tunes, RadioTime, Radio IO and Live365.Also, included is a seven-day alarm with battery backup enabling you to wake up to the sound of waves or your favorite Internet radio station. In my opinion, the speakers on the Squeezebox Boom are superior (and less costly) than the Bose music system.
Site to see: Lexy.com If you've got a phone, you can access and use this site. It's super simple and makes listening to your favorite snack-sized audio easy. The audio clips are usually from 1 to 6 minutes. You create a Quikcast, choosing your favorite content. Dial a number and that content is delivered to your phone without having to download any special players or software to hear the content. And best of all, it's free (check with your mobile carrier for texting charges). What I like about this is that you don't have to go through the syncing process that is prevalent on iTunes. All you have to do is make your selections and listen.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV