Updated from 9:37 a.m. EST
Do you own the stock of a public corporation because of what the company does or because of the person at the top?
Perhaps you look at Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), and think, "This company makes things that are in my medicine cabinet, but that's neither here nor there. I really trust William Weldon."
Maybe you see an article on Novartis (NVS) and say to yourself, "The company's drugs might or might not be successful. I don't care that much. What matters is Daniel Vasella."Or, when you think about Tootsie Roll (TR), you say, "I'm not sure people will be buying candy in the coming months, but that's irrelevant. Melvin Gordon has my admiration." Is this how you make most of your investing decisions? Probably not. For most investors, the choice to buy shares rests on the belief that a company, because of its products or services, is poised to be profitable, have growing revenue and see its stock price appreciate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV