Another corporate action that may make it a good pick is the initiation of a bigger stock buyback program. On Monday, DirecTV Group (DTV) initiated a $2 billion stock repurchase program to punch up its price in a slumping economy. And Microsoft (MSFT), which won for me three times last year, has resumed huge stock buybacks in recent months.
So, check out my newsletter, Nails on the Numbers, because I always do my homework.
Always remember: Life is a journey, enjoy the ride!
Lenny Dykstra manages Nails on the Numbers, a subscription service sold by TheStreet.com. Mr. Dykstra is 94-0 in his options picks this year. Click here for a free trial to Nails on the Numbers. Mr. Dykstra writes regularly about options trades for TheStreet.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV