Healthways' cash and cash equivalents plunged 92.0% to $4.35 million from $54.53 million. Net operating cash flow declined 15.0% to $21.65 million when compared to the same quarter last year. Return on assets increased 123 basis points to 6.37% from 5.14%. Similarly, return on equity advanced 377 basis points to 15.33% from 11.56% a year ago. Total debt for the quarter spiked 6.4% to $307.10 million from $288.72 million. Stockholders' equity declined 4.7% to $366.75 million from $384.66 million. Therefore, the debt-to-equity ratio deteriorated to 0.84 from 0.75. Moreover, the company has a quick ratio of 0.75 which shows its inability to meet short-term cash requirements.
During the quarter under review, Healthways signed a new agreement wit a Fortune 100 company to provide comprehensive Health and Care Support solution for more than 90,000 employees and dependents. Also, the company launched new senior solution for the Medicare Advantage population of a large Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan. The company also announced the appointment of Mr. Brueckner to serve as President and Chief Operating Officer.
Recently, the company signed a five-year agreement with the Hospitals Contribution Fund of Australia Limited (HCF) to offer comprehensive Health and Care Support solution.
Looking forward to FY09, the company expects run rate revenue to decline by approximately $90.00 million to $100.00 million over FY08 which would in turn lead to an increase in cost of services and/or selling, general and administrative expenses as a percentage of revenue. In addition, the company also anticipates higher legal expenses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV