Updated from 8:03 a.m. EST
The economic picture in China is starting to look better every day. In fact, things are improving to a level at which Chinese government officials are starting to acknowledge it publicly.
During a state radio report on Sunday, the Chinese Premier Wen Jiabo said China will accelerate its planned spending of 600 billion yuan ($87.6 billion) on key technology projects and will introduce more measures to save its economy. Wen added that economic conditions in December were better than expected and that China is likely to be the first in the world to rebound from the global financial crisis.
Many market observers think China is the key to a global economic rebound. Investment guru Jim Cramer believes that China will lead the world into economic recovery and has said that China is committed to its stimulus plan like no other country in the world, because China doesn't want to experience civil unrest. He explained that copper is worth watching for investors looking for a barometer for China.If Cramer is right about China leading the global recovery, then how should you play it? Here are some ideas, inlcuding China Security & Surveillance (CSR). To read more, visit Stockpickr.com. In Tuesday trading, China Security & Surveillance closed at $5.42 per share (up 4.84% for the day, up 22.35% year-to-date).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV