The following ratings changes were generated on Tuesday, Jan. 6.
We've upgraded Aecom Technology (ACM), which provides professional technical and management support services to government and commercial clients worldwide, from sell to hold. Strengths its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
Revenue rose by 46.2% since the same quarter a year ago, outpacing the industry average of 41.3% growth and helping to boost earnings per share. Aecom's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.3 is very low, though it is currently higher than that of the industry average, and the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.3, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
Aecom's gross profit margin is extremely low at 6.7%, though it has managed to increased from the same period last year. The net profit margin of 2.7% trails the industry average. Net operating cash flow has decreased to $63.2 million, or 46% when compared with the same quarter last year.The stock is up 22% year over year and has clearly outperformed the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, the stock's rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level that is relatively expensive compared with the rest of its industry, implying reduced upside potential.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV