Conduit Builds on the Power of the Web Toolbar
Get ready to add a new instrument to your Web 2.0 toolbox. It's the Web browser toolbar.
We're not talking about a toolbar from Google (GOOG), Yahoo! (YHOO), MSN, AOL, Wikipedia, Windows Live or any other Internet giant. We're talking about your toolbar. San Mateo, Calif.-based Conduit allows Web publishers to build their very own toolbar for free.
Conduit was founded by Ronen Shilo, Dror Erez and Gaby Bilczyk in 2005 to allow publishers to build their own toolbar using a WYSIWYG setup. Publishers are able to use their brand and include features such as chat, video, podcasts, RSS feeds and tickers, social networking and more.
"What it does is it provides publishers the ability to take over, permanently, a number of pixels on a user's browser and they can put anything they like there," says Adam Boyden, president of Conduit. "The toolbar always brings up connotations of search companies, but Conduit really is in a different game."Boyden says Conduit was founded to help publishers solve the problem of visitor retention and frequency. The wave continues to grow for Web surfers, and getting noticed and being remembered gets more difficult with each Web site built. It's likely that your "favorite" bookmarks are probably littered with Web sites long forgotten. With a toolbar, however, publishers have the ability to grab prime real estate on the Web browser with their logo constantly in view. If users don't want to ditch the convenience of their Google search, no problem. Conduit-built toolbars include a search box powered by Google.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV