NEW BRUNSWICK, N.J. -- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) said Saturday that it completed its tender offer for shares of Omrix Biopharmaceuticals Inc. (OMRI), a New York-based maker of liquid sealants used to control bleeding during surgery.
J&J said Omrix shareholders tendered about 97.8% of shares in response to a tender offer that expired at midnight Friday.
The $438 million buyout announced Nov. 24 is aimed at boosting the health-product company's surgical care business.
J&J said it intends to complete its acquisition without a vote or meeting of Omrix's remaining shareholders. Remaining shares will be converted into the right to receive $25 in cash each.The company said it expects to close the deal as soon as possible. Omrix will then operate as a standalone entity connected to J&J's Ethicon surgical products unit. Boards of directors of both companies have approved the deal, as has the Israeli government. Omrix's manufacturing operations are based in Tel Aviv.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV