With fond memories of Thanksgiving's gluttony still fresh in my mind, I'm looking forward to a feast large enough to satisfy both the eight days of Hanukkah and the 12 days of Christmas. TheStreet.com Ratings model for common stocks has selected a holiday dining menu of "buy"-rated companies with good prospects for the coming year.
The first place to begin the hunt for holiday delicacies is at the grocery store. With ratings at B+, Village Super Market (VLGEA) is approaching a new 52-week high, and Spartan Stores (SPTN) set a new high in November. Two other food retailers, Kroger (KR) and Wal-Mart Stores (WMT) are rated B.
When shopping for the ingredients of a good portfolio mix, some of the largest food-product companies made the buy list. For sale now are General Mills (GIS), at B+, and, Archer Daniels Midland (ADM), HJ Heinz (HNZ), Campbell Soup (CPB), Kraft Foods (KFT) and Kellogg (K), all at B-.
The commercial banks may have already been visited by Santa Paulson's bailout elves, but the food banks nationwide are running low at a time of real need. So, please pick up a few extra food items to donate at a nearby food bank.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV