Five Holiday Cocktails to Boost Holiday Spirits
It's not just the alcohol that brings people together. Cocktails draw on and create family tradition, serve as a holiday centerpiece and make party planning easier.
But, of course, holiday cocktails are mostly about their sweet, wonderful deliciousness. So bake those cookies, trim that tree and take out a pretty party bowl or ice-cold pitcher, and get to mixin'. It's time to increase your holiday spirit with one (or more) of these five mouthwatering cocktails from the experts.
Yuletide MoonThis spin on a classic sangaree recipe from H. Joseph Ehrmann, the proprietor of old San Francisco saloon Elixir, is a delicious, fruity option, topped with the spice of the yuletide season, nutmeg. Similar to sangria, sangaree was first made when wine would go bad from being shipped, and enterprising drinkers would stabilize the alcohol with citrus and nutmeg. Ehrmann opts for a good merlot -- no need for spoiled wine in contemporary times -- but also says that any good fruit wine will do.
- 4 pitted bing cherries
- 0.25 oz. simple syrup. (When fresh cherries are not in season, substitute quality marinated cherries like Marascas from Luxardo or Morellos from Trader Joe's, but do not use simple syrup.)
- 1.5 oz. Night Harvest Merlot
- 1 oz. bourbon
- 1 fresh lemon wheel
- Fresh nutmeg to grind
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV