Although the cardiac stent market is becoming more competitive with the entry of new products from Abbott Labs (ABT) and Medtronic (MDT), Boston Scientific remains the market share leader. It is also seeing strong results for cardiac rhythm management products, with sales rising more than 10% year over year in the third quarter. As the economy recovers and continues to pay down debt, I look for this stock to be a top performer in the medical devices sector next year.
As usual, I am going to run out of room before I run out of stocks to talk about, but I want to mention some other companies with high scores that you should look into. Electro Scientific (ESIO) just settled with activist investor David Nierenberg of D3 Partners about the voting rights of his 15% interest in the company. D3 is pushing the company to use its $150 million cash stockpile to buy back stock. The fund has a record of winning these battles and increasing shareholder value.
Sunstone Hotel Investors (SNO) also made the list of companies with high scores on the scale. I believe it is the very best of the lodging REITS, with great brands and a strong balance sheet. At these levels, even if I am early, the dividend makes it worth the wait.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV