For the auto industry, the biggest question going into 2009 may surround just how low vehicle sales will fall.
Whatever the number, it almost unquestionably will be the lowest in at least 27 years. The specifics will be key to determining the automakers' fate, because that will directly impact how much Washington will be asked to do to save them.
While President-elect Barack Obama has made it clear that he plans to try, the sales numbers will go a long way toward defining the difficulty of the task.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV