November's top-rated closed-end funds didn't perform all that well as the one-month returns in the accompanying table shows. In most categories of funds listed below, there are better performing funds in the exchange-traded and bond mutual fund worlds.
So while these closed-end funds rank as A+ at TheStreet.com Ratings, the returns of these closed-end funds do not compare well with other fund vehicles.
This may be due to particular quirks of closed-end funds themselves as closed-end funds can trade at discounts to their net asset value despite having similar strategies and holdings to other types of fund vehicles. ETFs, for example, trade at or very near their NAVs.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV