Net income has significantly decreased compared with the same quarter one year ago, falling from $72.73 million to -$169.07 million and underperforming the S&P 500 and the software industry. ROE also greatly decreased and underperformed the industry and the S&P 500, a signal of major weakness.Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$1.78 million. EPS declined 379.2% in the most recent quarter compared with the same quarter last year, but during the past fiscal year, Cadence increased its bottom line by earning $1 vs. 47 cents in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 97% in earnings to 3 cents.
Shares are down 82.1% on the year, underperforming the S&P 500. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor, and in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
We've downgraded Dorchester Minerals (DMLP), which engages in the acquisition, ownership, and administration of producing and nonproducing natural gas and crude oil royalty, net profits and leasehold interests in the U.S., from buy to hold. Strengths include its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the stock has had a decline in price during the past year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV