Kass: The Madoff Story Is Huge
This post from Doug Kass' Trading Diary on RealMoney Silver originally posted at 6:13 p.m.
The story of Bernard Madoff, if the charges of fraud are true, is the single biggest financial story of the year.
It is bigger than WorldCom, bigger than Boesky and bigger than Tyco.
It attacks at the core of investor confidence -- because, if true, and this could happen ... Investors might think that almost anything imaginable could happen to the money they have entrusted to their fiduciaries.And it helps to explain why Treasury bill returns are basically at zero. For more, check out the SEC's statement on Madoff's arrest as well as Jim Cramer's take on the scandal. Stay tuned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV