Click here for an archive of Jim Cramer's Mad Money recaps.
"This is a market bursting with opportunity," Jim Cramer told viewers of his "Mad Money" TV show Thursday.
"But investors don't seem to care," he continued. He said the problem with the market is not earnings, nor the economy, but is instead the fact that the market is broken and investors simply don't trust it anymore.Individual investors can't handle these volatile swings in the market, said Cramer, swings where stocks can move up or down 10% in the blink of an eye and on no news. He said the markets have entered a period where who owns a stock, and why they're selling, is now more important that a company's fundamentals. Cramer blamed Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Chris Cox for creating a market where the playing field is no longer level and instead is tilted heavily in favor of large institutional hedge funds and away from the individual retail investor. "How can you trust a market where the pro's know something you don't?" asked Cramer. "This market is being manipulated," said Cramer. He urged whomever is Obama's choice for chairman for the SEC to undo the madness caused by Cox. Specifically, Cramer said the SEC needs to start enforcing the laws again, regulate the markets, stop bear raids on stocks, get rid of the ultra leveraged ETFs and bring back the uptick rule. Cramer said the only thing investors CAN trust in the markets are companies with safe dividends, smart CEOs and strong fundamentals. "Those are the only things that will see us through," he concluded.
Cramer: This Stock Is Bottoming
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV