One of the best gifts you can give to a child is an investment in a stock. Not only is it a gift for his or her economic future, but it can also be a gift of financial education.
When selecting a stock for kids, you should look for three things. First, the company should provide a product or offer a service that the child is interested in. Second, if the stock certificate is printed with an interesting vignette or picture, you'll have the option of framing it and hanging it in your child's room. Third, of course, the stock must have good financials.
With the holiday season upon us, Stockpickr has compiled a list of great stocks for kids.
To read more, visit Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV