Cass has posted consistent growth in revenue and EPS over the past two years. Third-quarter revenue climbed 1.3% to $25.1 million from a year earlier, while net income advanced 11.8% to $5.23 million. Gross margins widened to 34.22% from 31.08%, and operating margins climbed to 29.8% from 27.89%.
A debt-to-equity ratio of 0.03 indicates miniscule debt. Also, Cass has $100 million in cash reserves and about $850 million in total liabilities. The company operates within the IT services industry, which includes more well-known names such as Teletech Holdings (TTEC), Wright Express (WXS) and Euronet Worldwide (EEFT), whose stocks have declined significantly this year. Still, Cass is trading at an industry discount based on price to earnings, price to cash flow and price to book. The shares, which have risen 2% this year, are expensive based on price to sales.
Cass has a beta of 0.25 and a dividend yield of 1.41%. The company faces risks inherent to its size, as it only has 9 million shares outstanding. Some 19,207 shares are traded on an average day, indicating weak stock-market liquidity.
Cass is a stock for buy-and-hold investors. Value and fundamentals are no guarantee of price appreciation in a down market. Also, small-market capitalization and thin trading volume make Cass a comparatively illiquid security. If the company misses earnings guidance or issues cautious warnings, rapid depreciation is likely. Consider macroeconomic and idiosyncratic risk before investing in Cass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV