Green Gift Guide: From Elephant-Dung Paper to Solar-Powered Golf Carts
The holiday shopping season is now officially open. But before you race off to the mall, browse through our green gift guide. We've got ideas for every budget and everyone on your list.
Stocking stuffers: With so many gizmos -- cell phones, MP3 players, digital cameras -- it's hard to keep track of chargers. Enter the universal charger, a device that's even handier than the universal remote. Now, enter the green universal charger. The HYmini, a little gadget that sells for $49.99, uses wind power, solar power and, in a pinch, power from a wall outlet to recharge all of your devices.
Batteries are a Christmas staple in many families, but finding a place to recycle them can be tricky. Help your loved ones avoid this problem by giving rechargeable batteries that don't require a clunky charger. These batteries plug right into your computer's USB port. A pack of two AA batteries costs about $18.
When it comes to drinking water, tap water is the most eco-friendly option, but how to carry it? Stuff their stockings with stainless steel water bottles from Klean Kanteen. Sport-size (27oz.) bottles start at $17.95.For a unique and very green gift, give paper made from elephant poop. The note paper ($12) and journal ($15) promise to be completely odorless. For homebodies: Please your favorite hostess with a recycled glass vase. These vases come in three shapes and start at $39. For an extra-special touch, fill the vase with organic or locally grown flowers. Delight your favorite green gardener with a colorful watering can from Viva Terra. The $48 item is made of misprinted sheet metal that would have been sent to the trash if it wasn't shaped into a watering can.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV