Customers increased monthly spending at the two chains by 28.5% in November from the year before, according to data compiled by Geezeo, a personal finance Web site that helps consumers track their spending.
|Click here for larger image.|
Geezeo users spent an average of $111.42 at Gap stores in November compared with $86.74 a year earlier.The numbers are even better at Old Navy. The average customer spent $101.23 in November, up 68.1% from the $60.22 spent in November 2007. The spike from October is even more impressive. Gap's monthly customer spending increased 14% in November from the prior month, while Old Navy saw a 50% month-on-month increase. Great start to the holiday season for Gap. Geezeo's Main Street Spending Index tracks more than 4 million consumer transactions from 800 companies doing business in the United States and Canada. Market segments include retail, dining out, entertainment, household and utilities. Data is anonymously collected weekly and based on up-to-date bank information. For more information about Geezeo or to track your own expenses and find ways to save, visit www.geezeo.com. More than half of people using Geezeo's free budget tools are saving an estimated $1,200 annually.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV