AIG Unloads Wealth Management Business
American International Group (AIG) just announced a deal to sell its wealth management arm AIG Private Bank Ltd. to Aabar Investments PJSC of Abu Dhabi. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
The AIG Private Bank will conduct business under a new name, and its headquarters will be in Switzerland. AIG says that the bank's senior management is expected to remain with the bank. The sale comes as part of the company's promise to sell off a number of business units to pay off a $85 billion government loan.
It appears the company will attempt to get back to its focus on U.S. property and casualty and foreign general insurance businesses. We'll track the progress of the sales, but it will be interesting to see if the assets get sold at prices that can keep the company afloat. We would look elsewhere for better investment opportunities.American International Group is not recommended at this time, holding a Dividend.com Rating of 1.5 out of 5 stars.
Dow Chemical Completes Kuwait Deal; Rohm & Haas Deal Next Dow Chemical (DOW) just announced it has finalized a joint venture agreement to form K-Dow Petrochemicals, which will market plastics and other related products. The combination of Dow and Petrochemical Industries Co., a subsidiary of Kuwat Petroleum, is expected to generate annual sales of about $15 billion. The closing of this deal comes right Dow Chemical's $15.3 billion buyout of Rohm & Haas (ROH), which it hopes will help it grow into the high-margin specialty chemicals market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV