You probably haven't heard about this new touch-screen smartphone, LG's Incite. That's a shame, because it's terrific, especially if you get your email through a Microsoft (MSFT) Windows Exchange Server. In that case, it should be on your shopping short list.
AT&T's (T) Incite is LG's first U.S. smartphone. It's a slim, sleek, silver design with a blacked-out screen (which takes up nearly the entire front of the handset). It measures 4.2 by 2.2 by 0.55 inches and weighs 4.23 ounces. It is a quad-band (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), 3G (850, 1900, 2100 MHz, UMTS/HSDPA) world phone. The Incite runs on version 6.1 of the Windows Mobile operating system and has a microSD memory card slot for extra storage.
There's a 3 megapixel camera for stills and video. The rechargeable battery is said to be good for up to 8.7 hours of talk time and up to 21 days of standby. The Incite's battery was easily able to last for two full days of use (heavy use) before needing recharging. That's far better than Apple's (AAPL) iPhone 3G, Research In Motion's (RIMM) BlackBerry Storm or T-Mobile's (DT) G-1 Google (GOOG) phone which, if you use judicially, might give you a day's worth of juice.
Excited About the LG Incite
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV