This Week's 'Barron's' Roundup
Editor's note: Welcome to Stockpickr's "Barron's Roundup." Each weekend, James Altucher presents Stockpickr portfolios related to articles in the latest issue of Barron's.
Famous Raider: Barron's speaks with corporate raider and hedge fund manager Carl Icahn, chairman of Icahn Associates. Icahn says his hedge fund has a big cash position and that he sees opportunity in senior debt and some equities. Stocks he likes include Yahoo! (YHOO) and Motorola (MOT).
Bullish and Bearish: Each week, Barron's publishes bullish and bearish stories on a variety of stocks. We present summaries of those stories in this portfolio. This week, there are bullish stories on Biogen Idec (BIIB), Nasdaq OMX Group (NDAQ) and AllianceBernstein (AB).
Latest Activist Purchases: Which companies are the top hedge funds chasing? This week's list includes names like Enzon Pharmaceuticals (ENZN), Thomson Reuters (TRIN) and Orient-Express Hotels (OEH).
Research Reports: The latest analyst research highlighted by Barron's, including reports this week on EnerSys (ENS)ValueClick (VCLK) and U.S. Bancorp (USB).
Top Insider Purchases of the Week: Insider purchases are a lot more predictive than insider selling. Barron's lists companies where managers are buying stock, and we build a portfolio with those companies' stocks. There has been interesting activity in Thornburg Mortgage (TMA), Dish Networks (DISH), Valence Technology (VLNC) and Loral Space & Communications (LORL).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV