Football is as much a part of Thanksgiving as the turkey or parades. It is associated with the holiday much more than any sport with any holiday, with the exception of maybe bowl games and New Year's in college football.
Do you think of basketball when you think of Christmas? I'm sure some people do, but it sure isn't the first, second, or even third thing I think of. Do you think of baseball on July Fourth? I bet a lot of people do as well, but I think of fireworks and barbecues before I think of the official national pastime.
However, tomorrow is a day when you will know you be able to kick back, watch to see if the Detroit Lions can keep up their streak of ineptitude and whether or not the Tennessee Titans will bounce back from their first loss of the season.
Down in Dallas, will the Cowboys keep pace in the NFC wild card race by beating the Seahawks? And, the newer-edition Thanksgiving night game pits the NFC West-leading Arizona Cardinals against the stumbling, 5-5 Philadelphia Eagles. The day is filled with eating, football -- both on TV and in the yard -- and just spending time with family and friends.That's why I am not going to make a pick today. With the turbulence in the markets the last few weeks and the recent rally earlier this week, I want to be able to step away for the extended weekend and not worry about following the market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV