Best Buy (BBY) recently slashed its revenue and profit forecast based on huge swings in consumer purchasing behavior.
This shouldn't be much more than a small blip. While fewer people are shopping at Best Buy in this weak economy, those who do visit are spending more than ever.
|Click here for larger image.|
The average Best Buy shopper spent $193.18 in October, up 12.5% from the $172.63 spent in January, according to the Main Street Spending Index (MSSI) compiled by Geezeo, a personal finance Web site that helps consumers track their spending.Meanwhile, Best Buy's chief competitor, Circuit City (CC) , recently announced it's filing for bankruptcy protection. Best Buy should bounce back soon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV