Updated from 7:04 EST
Since most hedge funds get paid based on their returns for the year, managers who want to get the most out of a stock investment often turn to shareholder activism as a way to increase shareholder value and ultimately boost their returns.
Here at Stockpickr.com, we track many of the latest activist situations for those interested in piggybacking these activist funds. We highlight a few of the latest activist situations here.
There are two activist investors in Enzon (ENZN), which has fallen from a high of $10 per share to less than $5. Carl Icahn and DellaCamera are both pushing for Enzon to sell parts of itself. DellaCamera has said that it has spoken with investment bank Moelis to "explore alternatives for Enzon."To read more, visit Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV