Updated from 7:15 a.m. EST
Founded by Chris Hohn in 2003, The Childrens Investment Fund, or TCI, is a London-based hedge fund with over $15 billion in assets.
TCI, which has no Web site, has made a name as an elusive hedge fund and is known for aggressive shareholder activism. The value-oriented fund takes its name from the money it donates to children's charities.
Its top equity position is 25 million shares of Union Pacific (UNP), which trades with a forward P/E of 9.3, PEG ratio of 0.59 and EV/EBITDA of 6.125.TCI's second-largest position is just under 6 million shares of MasterCard (MA), an equity value of $1.1 billion. MasterCard trades with a forward P/E of 12.05, and EV/EBITDA of 7.689. To read more, visit Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV