But then I had an idea. Why not write about whatever I wanted to write about? One condition was this: Every page had to be useful. But it could be useful about stocks, jobs, entrepreneurship, dieting, games, Chubb Rock, chocolate, anything. And fill it with the craziest, but true, stories and anecdotes I could think of. The other condition was: It really had to help people stop worrying. People worry about their money all the time. And if they are not worried about money, then they are worried about their looks, their jobs, their families, etc. For instance, right this second, I'm pretty sure my wife hates me, and I'm worried about it. But heck, if I read my book, I might stop worrying about that.
The first line in the book is, "I don't like to worry." Here are some of the chapter titles:
- "Bloody Marys, Dividends, and the San Francisco earthquake"
- "The Entire Internet Is Going Down and There's Nothing We Can Do About It"
- "Bubble 2.0: Women's Legs and Tattoos"
- "Diamonds, Clothes, Chocolate: Live the Good Life"
But, ultimately, it's a book where there's an undercurrent about stocks and investing. In particular, which demographic changes are going to be so overwhelming that you can buy the stocks behind those demographics right now, never think about them again, and make money over the long haul. Here are a few:
Obesity: This trend is never going away. People get more and more obese, and some $30 billion in obesity-related costs are sucked out of the GDP each year. Stock Pick No. 1: ResMed (RMD) is my favorite play in the space. The company makes the masks that detect and help prevent sleep apnea, which is a condition that results when the neck is obstructed from breathing at night because of fat. This will not be affected by the economy, the stock market, a housing slowdown, etc. The more people weigh, the more people need sleep apnea masks, and RMD is the leader.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV