Updated from 7:05 a.m. EDT
Since technology companies have taken such a beating in the market, it's likely that there are also some short-squeeze opportunities to take advantage of.
The short-squeeze play is a technique that stock traders utilize to generate huge profits in a short period of time. After several days of market drops, heavily shorted stocks could surge on any positive catalyst, especially as short-sellers scramble to cover their bearish positions.Short positions of stocks are measured by the short-squeeze ratio, which represents the number of days it would take for the short-sellers to cover their positions based on the recent daily volume of the stock. Stockpickr has reviewed all the technology stocks and developed a list of the Top Technology Short-Squeeze Plays, including Open Text (OTEX) and Cree (CREE). To read more, visit Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV