Three Stocks for Your 'Forever Portfolio'
This is an exceprt from James Altucher's just-released book, The Forever Portfolio.
Every time that I look in the mirror
All these lines on my face gettin' clearer.
Let's forget about the Intenet for a bit. In Silicon Valley there's a popular bumper sticker that says, "Please, God, let there be another bubble," The idea is that if the Internet were a bubble again, everyone there would get back on track toward making billions. That's fine -- best of luck to them. But we have other things to focus on.
So what's next? Clearly, the World Wide Web (via certain stocks) did not prove to be the bubble it was widely accused of being. Instead, we have a demographic trend of rising Internet use around the world that's still only on first base, or the first inning, or the first quarter or whatever other analogy you want to use (other than "bubble"). There's only one more demographic trend I can think of that's almost as explosive in terms of the potential for profit. Of course, I'm talking about women's legs.A combination of three trends -- the post-World War II baby boom, increased life expectancies and the shrinking workweek (resulting in more leisure time) -- has the demographic of women age 45 to 55 increasingly looking to medical solutions for cosmetic problems in skin care and rejuvenation, varicose veins, weight issues and a host of other problems. With 1,000,000 more people each year entering that demographic than leaving it, the companies that service this group are not as subject to economic pressures as, say, General Motors (GM) or Wal-Mart (WMT), two companies that live or die on the basis of every uptick or downtick in the consumer.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV