Possibly the most conventional offering on the table, the iShares S&P Global Nuclear Index Fund (NUCL), contains established stocks such as McDermott International (MDR), FPL Group (DPL) and First Energy (FE).
Philosophically, NUCL is arguably the antithesis of the iShares S&P Global Clean Energy Industry Fund (ICLN), the major holdings of which include First Solar (FSLR), energy-from-waste pioneer Covanta Holdings (CVA) and Sunpower (SPWRA).
Of the Africa-Middle-East pair of ETFs on the list, the PowerShares MENA Frontier Countries Fund (PMNA), with large positions in securities such as Arab Bank and Kuwait Finance, is more heavily invested in the oil-rich Persian Gulf than in the emerging African region.
On the other hand, the Market Vectors Africa Index ETF (AFK) is invested in large African corporations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV