Bargain hunting in the NFL is the name of the game for a lot of teams. With a salary cap in place and most of the big stars inked to substantial deals, most teams have a limited about of salary-cap space to play with. Translation: They are looking to plug holes in their teams with quality players who are not prohibitively expensive.
Now, many teams have what are called salary-cap casualties. Those are generally good players who are let go because of the amount of money they are making. The team would generally be better off with that player on the field if the cap were not an issue. But, in many cases, thet teams are willing to take a chance on a younger or cheaper player to use that extra cash to help plug more than one hole.
When all is said and done, the good players who have been cut loose are left to find a new team. Many teams often look at these players and see how they fit into their system, both on the field and in the checkbook.
One company that has been cut loose by too many investors is Halliburton (HAL). This company provides various products and services to the energy industry for the exploration, development, and production of oil and gas. The company operates in two segments: Completion & Production, and Drilling & Evaluation. Everyone knows this company for better or for worse. It had won several big contracts relating to the war in Iraq.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV