Updated from 7:01 a.m. EST
The old saying "Cash is king" is proving itself as relevant ever as business credit and commercial paper lending virtually grind to a halt. We are living in a time when credit is virtually nonexistent for large companies, forcing them to borrow short-term lines of credit at extremely distressed rates. For small and mid-tier companies, the short-term credit outlook is even more grim.
Given the above stresses in the market, it is essential for any company to have ample cash on its balance sheet. That said, here are a few names -- including Trident Microsystems (TRID) -- to keep an eye on.
To read more, visit Stockpickr.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV