Hybrid Cars Come With Own Buying Criteria
Who drives a hybrid? The list includes members of the Hollywood elite (Rob Reiner, Cameron Diaz and Danny DeVito), the who's who of Washington D.C. (Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama and John Kerry) and regular folks across the country. Want to join them? Hybrids have their own criteria, which are crucial to know.
A hybrid (short for hybrid electric vehicle) uses two power sources: a gasoline-powered internal combustion engine and a battery-powered electric motor. The electric motor assists the traditional engine to make the vehicle more fuel-efficient.
Your Hybrid Choices
The most popular, and certainly the most recognizable, hybrid is the Toyota (TM) Prius, which gets a combined 46 miles per gallon and starts at about $22,000. The Honda (HMC) Civic Hybrid runs $23,550, but gets only 42 mpg combined.
|Honda Civic Hybrid|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV