It must be true that dog is man's best friend -- man continues to spend on his furry friends, at least when shopping at PetSmart (PETM). PetSmart customer spending grew 6.51% from $50.67 in January 2008 to $53.97 in October of the same year.
These data come courtesy of the new Main Street Spending Index (MSSI) compiled by Geezeo, a personal finance Web site that helps consumers track their spending.
Contrary to popular belief, many people are still spending strong when it comes to pets.
|Click here for larger image.|
|Source: Geezeo Consumer Data|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV