Obama's Impact on Economy? Priceless
It was Kennedy who famously said: "Paradoxically, the way to increase tax revenues, is to cut tax rates." Those are my italics.
When Kennedy became president, the top personal tax rate was 91%. That's not a typo. Almost every penny of the last dollar earned by top wage earners went to the government -- and the economy was stagnant.
Kennedy became the largest tax-cutter in American history at that time, cutting the top personal tax rate from 91% to 70%. He also cut the top corporate tax rate from 52% to 48%. Unfortunately, he did not live to see the resultant spurt in growth that came to be known as the "Kennedy Boom."
Cutting taxes to spur economic growth is not a Republican vs. Democrat issue. It is a growth vs. stagnation issue. And since the top 10% of tax returns produce 60% of the tax revenues, that is where rates will have to be cut in order to produce more jobs, more economic growth and then more tax revenues.President-elect Barack Obama has given ample demonstration of his insight, intelligence and his appreciation of his place in history. That is why the world, and the markets, should be filled with hope, even amid this very real economic slowdown. And that's The Savage Truth.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV