Yahoo!'s CEO Jerry Yang signaled earlier this week that the Internet company is willing to sell.
Ballmer, at a conference in Sydney, on Friday said Microsoft may still have partnership deals with Yahoo!, Bloomberg reports.
"We're not interested in going back and re-looking at an acquisition," Ballmer said. ``I'm sure there are still opportunities for some kind of partnership around search.'' He didn't elaborate on the potential partnerships, Bloomberg reports.Yang said he's ready to return to the bargaining table with Microsoft if Microsoft remains interested in buying the Internet company. "To this day, I believe the best thing for Microsoft to do is to buy Yahoo," Yang said Wednesday at the Web 2.0 summit in San Francisco, the Associated Press reported. Yang said he and the rest of Yahoo!'s board "remain open to everything" after Google (GOOG) abandoned an ad-search deal between the two companies. Google's move to back out of the partnership renewed investor speculation that Microsoft may bid for all or part of Yahoo!. Yang rejected bids earlier this year from Microsoft of as much as $47.5 billion, or $33 a share. Shares of Yahoo! traded as low as $11.25 last week. Yahoo! closed Thursday at $13.96.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV