Health stocks lagged Thursday but fared better than the broader market, with the Nasdaq and Amex biotechnology indices down 1.6% and 1.7%, respectively.
Among individual stocks, notable movers were:
Simcere (SCR), up 15.7% at $7.61
Osiris (OSIR), up 9.5% at $17.01Salix (SLXP), up 9.2% at $9.93 Allos Therapeutics (ALTH), up 7.6% at $8.46 Medivation (MDVN), down 14.4% at $15.86 Enzon (ENZN), down 10.9% at $4.30 Amgen (AMGN), down 6.8% at $37.45 Amylin (AMLN), down 8.5% at $8.21 Sanofi-Aventis (SNY), down 4.6% at $28.34
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV