- Gasoline pump prices have fallen 35% since peaking early this summer, and with oil at $65 (at the time of this writing), pump prices could fall another 10% to 15% this winter.
- The average age of the country's fleet of cars and trucks had been quite young, thanks to the above-average sales pace seen in 2005 and 2006. But since then, the fleet has steadily aged, and a large number of vehicles, especially pick-up trucks used in heavy-duty environments, are moving closer to the end of their useful range.
- The automakers have been working feverishly to roll out freshly designed fuel-efficient vehicles, a number of which are expected to hit the market in 2009.
Detroit Hopes for Friendlier White House
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.