The following ratings changes were generated on Tuesday, Nov. 4.
We've downgraded Alexander's (ALX), a real estate investment trust, from buy to hold. Strengths include its revenue growth, notable return on equity and relatively strong performance when compared with the S&P 500 during the past year. Weaknesses include unimpressive growth in net income, generally poor debt management and weak operating cash flow.
Revenue increased by 1% over the same quarter a year ago, but earnings per share declined. Return on equity greatly increased, a signal of significant strength, and greatly exceeds the average ROE of the REITs industry and of the S&P 500.
EPS have declined steeply in the most recent quarter compared with the same quarter last year. The company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past two years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, Alexander's turned its bottom line around by earning $22.45 vs. -$14.99 in the prior year. Net income decreased by 209.8% over the same quarter a year ago, to -$31.44 million, underperforming both the S&P 500 and the REITs industry. The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 9.55 and currently higher than the industry average, implying that there is very poor management of debt levels within the company.We've downgraded Coca-Cola Femsa (KOF), which operates as a bottler of Coca-Cola trademark beverages in Latin America, from buy to hold. Strengths include its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Weaknesses include unimpressive growth in net income, disappointing return on equity and a decline in the stock price during the past year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV