As would be expected, the RevenueShares' weighting system produces a different set of top holdings compared with market-cap-weighted ETFs. RWL has top holdings that include Wal-Mart (WMT), ExxonMobil (XOM), Chevron (CVX), ConocoPhillips (COP) and JPMorgan (JPM).
The SPDR S&P 500 ETF (SPY), which has the same components as RWL but uses a market-cap-weighted approach, has ExxonMobil, General Electric (GE), Proctor & Gamble (PG), Microsoft (MSFT) and Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) as its top-five holdings.
In coming months, RevenueShares will be rolling out sector-focused ETFs. The firm has filed nine that have been approved by the SEC, two of which may be released by the end of the year, O'Hara said.
Market turbulence may provide an opportunity for RevenueShares funds, O'Hara said. "When the market is going straight up, people don't want to change what they have been doing," he said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV