Dykstra: Phillies Showed Pluck
But before they could win, Mother Nature threw the Rays and Phillies a Cole Hamels-esque hammer this week, postponing the conclusion of Game 5 until last night. It was a strange turn of events. The teams had played five and a half innings before the game was suspended due to a heavy, consistent downpour in Philadelphia on Monday. They couldn't resume on Tuesday due to the weather, so Wednesday was the day to play.
Although the decision to even start the game was a clouded one, the way it was handled was favorable for both sides. World Series MVP Cole Hamels was most likely coming out of the game for a pinch hitter in the bottom of the sixth on Monday anyway, so that wasn't a concern. Nobody knew when the rain would stop for sure, so the game was suspended until further notice.
The players thought it was the best idea, as Chase Utley told reporters that winning a World Series because of a rain-shortened game was unacceptable. With an unexpected element playing a huge factor, Bud Selig's decision was commendable. He made the right call at the right time.
That's what I try to do with my system each and every day. I try to pick my spots, adjusting to what the market is telling me. The wild market volatility has caused me to do extra homework on my picks, but you will notice that the results have been out of this world. So far in October, I have made 14 picks. Out of those 14 picks made in October, 10 have already crossed the finish line for $12,000 in wins. (As a reminder, I make three exclusive picks a week in my newsletter Nails on the Numbers. You can check it out here.)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV