Dykstra: Phillies Showed Pluck
Yesterday was a big day for the people of Philadelphia. They had been waiting a long time for a pro sports championship of any kind in their city, and I'm proud of my old organization for bringing home the World Series crown.
I bet Cramer is ecstatic as well -- the Phils haven't been back to the big dance since 1993. I still feel we should have won that series, but today is this team's day. Congratulations to the Philadelphia Phillies organization for winning its second World Series title last night.
Winning must have been in the air. While I'm willing to concede that the Phils may have brought home a bigger win yesterday, I did grab one of my own. Halliburton (HAL), my pick from last Friday, crossed the finish line for a quick $1,000 victory, improving my record to 81-0 with $205,800 in wins.
My purchase order was filled on Monday, and my GTC sell order was filled on Wednesday, a day in which the market rallied for the bulk of the day, but felt a sharp decline to close in negative territory at the end of the session. I tell you, these wild swings are unbelievable.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV