Last week, Egyptian cable company El-Sewedy Cables said it had created a new wind-energy subsidiary, the Sewedy Wind Energy Group, and had spent ¿40 million ($51.06 million) to buy a 30 percent stake in M. Torres Olvega, a wind-energy equipment maker in Spain, Reuters reported. El-Sewedy CEO Ahmed El-Sewedy said in a written statement that the new wind-energy business will make various wind equipment.
A Pakistan government official recently told the Voice of Germany that the country intends to produce 1 gigawatt of wind power in the next few years.
And in the United Arab Emirates, Solar Technologies FZE is developing a thin-film solar factory in Dubai. The factory is expected to have the capacity to make up to 130 megawatts of amorphous-silicon thin-film panels using equipment from California-based Applied Materials (AMAT), according to the company's Web site. The plant is scheduled to begin operating by the end of 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV