Wind Industry Snapshot: FPL Group
The markets don't have clarity, he said, adding that he believes they will be on firmer ground after the election next week.
Still, while there may be a tightening of capital for these projects, the projects in the field have not been decimated in any way, he added.
"You have a clear investment and [return based on] the cost of electricity," he said. "Mid- and long-term, clean energy has a number of very favorable foundations that in fact has [prompted] more people to start looking at these opportunities," he said.
The FPL news came out as part of the company's third-quarter earnings, which missed expectations.The company's net income grew 45.2 percent to $774 million, or $1.92 per share, from $533 million, or $1.33 per share, in the year-ago quarter. Excluding one-time items, the per-share earnings came to $1.25 per share. Analysts expected $1.35 per share, according to Bloomberg. Shares of the company fell 5.8 percent to $40.68 per share Monday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV