Dykstra: Hunt for Bargains
I had my order filled with Parker Hannifin (PH) at $7.50 while the stock traded at $38. It was my Oct. 20 pick and has already crossed the finish line for a $1,000 victory. Halliburton (HAL) is another example as I bought my options at $8.70 when the stock was at $18. Again, it filled and sold on the same day (Oct. 17) for a quick $1,000 win.
Let's go down the line. Even though Microsoft (MSFT) traded at $25, I was able to purchase contracts at $6.70, a huge discount. My pick on Oct. 8, Microsoft brought home a $1,000 win in just three days.
I bought Cisco (CSCO) at $8.20 while its stock traded at $17. On Oct. 10, it filled and sold for a $1,000 win. Texas Instruments (TXN), Deere (DE), Chesapeake (CHK), The Shaw Group (SHG) and Caterpillar (CAT) are some of the other recent bargains I found that have turned into wins.
A keen sense for bargains and winners has helped Gillick's Phillies get to the World Series. For me, it has helped me to go 80-0 and earn more than $200,000 in wins since I began Nails on the Numbers in March.Lenny Dysktra manages Nails on the Numbers, a subscription service sold by TheStreet.com. He is 80-0 this season on his options picks. Dykstra writes regularly about options trades for TheStreet.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV