Dykstra: Hunt for Bargains
I had my order filled with Parker Hannifin (PH) at $7.50 while the stock traded at $38. It was my Oct. 20 pick and has already crossed the finish line for a $1,000 victory. Halliburton (HAL) is another example as I bought my options at $8.70 when the stock was at $18. Again, it filled and sold on the same day (Oct. 17) for a quick $1,000 win.
Let's go down the line. Even though Microsoft (MSFT) traded at $25, I was able to purchase contracts at $6.70, a huge discount. My pick on Oct. 8, Microsoft brought home a $1,000 win in just three days.
I bought Cisco (CSCO) at $8.20 while its stock traded at $17. On Oct. 10, it filled and sold for a $1,000 win. Texas Instruments (TXN), Deere (DE), Chesapeake (CHK), The Shaw Group (SHG) and Caterpillar (CAT) are some of the other recent bargains I found that have turned into wins.
A keen sense for bargains and winners has helped Gillick's Phillies get to the World Series. For me, it has helped me to go 80-0 and earn more than $200,000 in wins since I began Nails on the Numbers in March.Lenny Dysktra manages Nails on the Numbers, a subscription service sold by TheStreet.com. He is 80-0 this season on his options picks. Dykstra writes regularly about options trades for TheStreet.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV